By Matthew Sun
Heavy metals are some of the most toxic compounds that can get into the body. Some of the most common metals that people are concerned about are lead, mercury and cadmium. There is are many other metals though including zinc, iron, copper, chromium, nickel, aluminum and more.
Much of the planet today is contaminated with heavy metals due to in large to coal fired power plants and road runoff, but smeltering of metals, fertilizer use, industrial production and many other processes add to the amount of free roaming metals in the environment.
Heavy metals can be absorbed into the skin and also consumed via the food chain. Probably the most common way humans get heavy metals into their body is by letting their dentist use silver amalgam fillings in their teeth. These fillings contain small amounts of mercury, amongst other things, that get released slowly, every day, as a gaseous vapour that is absorbed right into the bloodstream. Another major contributor to human metal accumulation is vaccines, which are known to contain significant amounts of heavy metals.
One of the greatest concerns with heavy metals is for biomagnification, which is when heavy metals work their way up the food chain, concentrating more and more as they go. Hence much of today’s livestock is contaminated with heavy metals, another reason to live ‘lower down’ on the food chain and be a vegan.
Signs and Symptoms of Heavy Metal Poisoning
There is however several techniques that can be used to detox the body from heavy metals. We will discuss the one which we consider to be the most effective and also the best value below:
NOTE: Do not do this program if you are pregnant.
The most important thing to do it to alkalize the body before starting the detox . Alkaline minerals are essential for proper pH control and elimination of any toxic substances. Consuming a good green superfood, and a mostly, or fully raw vegan diet will help dramatically. If the person is not in a healthy state, it is recommenced to perform a colon cleanse and switch to a vegan diet before attempting to detoxify the body of heavy metals.
Do not fast during the Heavy Metal Detox. Fasting dissolves excess proteins and mucus. When on the Metal Detox program, certain amino acids may be carrying heavy metals that you are trying to remove from the body. Fasting may break down these proteins, and the metals could be released into the body and cause damage.
Do not take any supplementary enzymes. Enzymes could destroy the proteins that carry the heavy metals out of the body, and could cause severe damage.
- Daily take 1 or 2 psyllium shakes with bentonite clay (as found in the Detox here).
- 1-1/2 hours later, take the digestive stimulators from the cleanse, in the same amounts as used when cleansing.
- Note: The toxic metals that are released usually will find their way to the liver. The liver then binds the metals with amino acids and releases them into the bile, which will then travel to the bowel. Usually the metals are re-absorbed back into the body. To prevent this from occurring, we use the psyllium-bentonite shake, which will absorb the metals and remove them from the body, forever.
- Between meals: us a good antioxidant formula, *L-Methionine 500mg (two times daily), *L-Cysteine 500mg (two times daily), Zinc Picolinate 50-100 mg (daily), **Pro Natura Dentox(as directed on bottle). A good calcium formula. *(L-Methionine and L-Cysteine bind the heavy metals and carry them out of the body). **(Pro Natura Dentox is a homeopathic remedy that prompts the bodies tissues to release heavy metals.) (see below for purchasing information)
- Note: The Heavy Metal Detox program can cause ‘flu’ like symptoms or any other kinds of symptoms that you may have experienced in the past. This is a sign that the Detox program is working. You can expect this to occur to some degree, and as with any other ‘cleansing reaction‘ old symptoms usually will re-manifest for a short time as the metals are being removed from the body.
- Diet: Eat lots of broccoli, cauliflower, and greens which are full of minerals, especially calcium. Also, if possible, drink at least two glasses of carrot juice daily. Adding kelp to the diet is also excellent. A good superfood formula (to help alkalize the body) is also invaluable.